Let us begin...


Well, this is my first blog and I am little unclear about what I am going to write. Still allow me to blog whatever is coming to my mind. Let us first start with few curious and obvious questions like who, why, what...
Who am I?
As you can make out from the title of this blog, I work in field of software design and development. I wrote my first piece of C++ code way back in 1996. That time I was an engineering student and lecturer assigned us (the class of second year Mechanical Engineering) a term-project to write a program for generating Non-Dimensional Equation out of a given Dimensional Equation (yeah, I am talking about Fluid Mechanics). I have somehow managed to complete the assignment correctly, but could not understand much what I did. This term project left little discomfort to me and encouraged me to start learning C++ with more interest. Two years later, I have selected another project (this time it was a final year engineering project and had significant weightage in final grading) that involved quite a bit of programming. It was about hooking-up and controlling a drill machine with the personal computer. This time I was more prepared and knew what I am doing. With the short story of mine, by now you must have understood how old my love towards software programming is. Presently, I work as a developer, designer, expert and mentor in field of software development. I spent several years in development of software for CAD/CAE industry. It includes developing geometric modeling (BRep, feature-based and so on) and meshing technology.
Why am I blogging?
In recent past (last two or three years), I have been floating between various development teams. Most of times, when I start interacting with a new team, I keep on encountering novice or beginner developers. Other times, I had few new developers joining afresh from the school. All this made me to mentor them on various aspects of software development like writing better C++ code, design patterns, unit testing and so on. However, every time, I end up duplicating these things for different teams or members. Very soon, I realized that this duplication is not very effective for me. With the blogging, I am hoping to reduce the duplicity in my efforts. In addition and more importantly, this would be easy and more effective way for me to share the knowledge, thoughts, ideas, and experience with others. I have been thinking to start blogging from long time, but it is just being procrastinated for some reasons. Finally, today I am writing my first blog!
What am I going to blog about?
So far, I do not have any concrete plan on what I am going to write about. However, I can easily guess that it would be primarily on technical topics related to C++ programming, software development, geometric modeling and so on. Perhaps, I can also attempt to blog on few other non-technical topics that I find interesting.
With this brief introduction, let us begin...
Let us begin... Let us begin... Reviewed by Sourabh Soni on Friday, September 18, 2009 Rating: 5

No comments

Author Details

Image Link [https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zo21XIdyPqc/VuTrFfUyPhI/AAAAAAAAAO8/EEWTN73XHUA7aTIjuxuBSN-WGaGkNUymA/s1600/sourabhdots3.jpg] Author Name [Sourabh Soni] Author Description [Technocrat, Problem Solver, Corporate Entrepreneur, Adventure Enthusiast] Facebook Username [sourabh.soni.587] Twitter Username [sourabhs271] GPlus Username [#] Pinterest Username [#] Instagram Username [#] LinkedIn Username [sonisourabh] Youtube Username [sonisourabh] NatGeo Username [271730]